Around the same time last year, we rolled out an Ethiopian coffee which we absolutely fell in love with when we first roasted it back in June 2013. Now, for the 3rd time, we are very excited to have Bokasso back on our rack and hopper, literally just in time for the festive season!
A quick refresher of this coffee: The Bokasso Cooperative belongs to the Sidamo Coffee Growers Cooperative Union which is the umbrella organization for all the Sidamo cooperatives and is the one that ensures the quality, lot separation, sampling, dry milling and bagging. Bokasso is also part of a project by TechnoServe to improve lot separation. They use traceability sheets to track coffees from days of production at drying tables all the way to the warehouse.
We are very pleased that this coffee has consistently cup very well on the table since we first roasted it. Citrus and floral aromatics open up to fruit tea and lavender notes. Lots of berries and peaches with hints of black tea in the finish that is complemented by a creamy mouthfeel. Superbly clean and lingering finish. We will be very surprised if you don’t love this coffee as much as us!
- Cooperative: Bokasso
- Zone: Dalle, Sidama
- Woreda/Local municipality: Wonsho
- Altitude: About 2000 masl
- Varietals: Ethiopian Heirloom. Improved varietals and native coffee of forest origin transferred to family smallholder plots and gardens. In this case referred to as Sidamo type
- Processing: Pulped and wet fermented, graded in washing channels, soaked in water and sundried.
- Drying: Sun dried 10 – 15 days on African drying beds on hessian cloths. Coffees are covered in plastic during midday and at night.
Grab a bag for Christmas to “sweeten” the holidays!